The Giving Block is looking for a motivated B2B sales rep to join our team selling the leading cryptocurrency fundraising solution to nonprofits and charity organizations. We are a growing team based in Washington DC, but distributed globally.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record in B2B sales for either technology products or in the nonprofit sector, and have excellent research and prospecting skills. You will be responsible for researching, pitching cold leads and closing outbound sales, with a strong base salary and sophisticated commission structure accounting for both the quality and quantity of nonprofits you close.
Do you have the B2B skills to increase sales and recurring revenue at a fast growing SaaS startup? Are you passionate about driving mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency? How about helping top nonprofits nationwide fundraise more effectively? Any of the above, and you’re uniquely well-suited for this position.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Be good at sales. Good at research/prospecting, good on the phone, mentally organized enough to follow up and not drop balls. Everything else below is icing.
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, advertising, sales, or business administration preferred
- 3-5+ years of nonprofit or technology sales experience, especially in growing your own pipeline in an emerging market
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- An understanding of how to deliver value to customers using a consultative or value based sales approach
- Experience selling a SaaS product with an ASP (Average Sales Price) and between $2500 and $5000 annual recurring revenue
- Experience using CRMs and Sales Prospecting Tools (Preferred: Previous experience with Hubspot)
- Highly Preferred: Familiarity with and/or experience in the nonprofit sector
- Preferred: Familiarity with and/or experience in crypto
What Makes You A Good Fit?
Commitment — Creating new strategies, analyzing data, and an entrepreneurial mindset to help us grow long term are all important. We’re looking for someone that we can rely on in the long run. Our team is small but growing quickly so we want someone that is looking for a long-term role. This also means you’ll have the opportunity to grow into new roles and responsibilities as the company grows.
Proactiveness — As a decentralized team, we’re looking for self-starters. Those who enjoy taking the lead, figuring out what needs to be done and getting on with it. We don’t micromanage, so you need to have the motivation and know that everyone on the team is taking charge of their own workload, objectives, and deliverables.
Personality — We’re looking for someone that has a quality over quantity mindset when it comes to their work. We need someone that’s happy getting their hands dirty with any task that comes their way and someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This includes when you get on the phone - being a good conversationalist closes deals.
Why Should I Work at The Giving Block?
Team: We have fun and work hard. If you have a sense of humor, you’ll probably enjoy working here more than anywhere else. Not that we’re hilarious. But we’re trying.
Mission: We’re building the future of giving. Join us in creating positive change through innovative technology. Help us equip every nonprofit in the world to accept cryptocurrency donations.
Flexibility: Work wherever, whenever — Working with us means working locally or remotely, whether you prefer working at home, at our office or maybe even a coffee shop; you’ll have the freedom to work wherever you want. Plus, we offer flexibility for our team. If you prefer to work late into the night, or need to work around childcare then that’s no problem. As long as you’re delivering on your objectives, we’re happy.
Community: Whether you’re local or remote, become part of a larger blockchain community. We’re also running a blockchain incubator with 8 other startups so you get to meet people working on other cool projects in the industry.
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Health, dental and vision
- 401k plan
- 3 weeks paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- Generous parental leave benefits
- As much coffee, cold brew, and sparkling water as you can drink (if local)
- Modern downtown Washington DC office (if local)
- Free office gym (if local)
The Giving Block believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. We’re committed to hiring people on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need, and The Giving Block is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.