About The Giving Block (TGB)
TGB is a venture capital backed company that makes it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax-efficient way to support their favorite causes. We are the market leading provider and work with 500 nonprofits, including some of the largest, like United Way Worldwide and American Cancer Society. We are raising millions of dollars worth of crypto per month and are growing quickly.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency donations.
The Giving Block is searching for a proficient Copywriter who is looking to join a growing nonprofit service provider in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space. The ideal candidate will have a passion for both charity and technology, love researching and writing about new topics in this space, possess a strong grasp of grammar and punctuation rules, and be able to maintain a consistent brand voice across multiple platforms.
Working closely with the SEO & Content Marketing Strategist, you will be responsible for successfully articulating The Giving Block’s brand voice, promise, and positioning in written communications for external and internal audiences. You will have a knack for writing stand-out headlines and reader-friendly copy, and the ability to turn technical information into digestible content.
What you will be doing:
- Writing new content for The Giving Block’s website, short and long form blog articles, social media posts, press releases, and other marketing materials
- Researching industry-related topics to formulate new content ideas
- Supporting email marketing campaigns by drafting newsletters, customer journey emails, announcements, etc.
- Collaborating cross-departmentally to learn about their content needs and develop materials
- Reviewing and updating existing web content based on SEO and web analytics audits
- Assisting in other aspects of the marketing team’s processes as needed
Required Skills / Experience:
The SEO & Content Marketing Specialist must have experience in writing quality, engaging content for the web, this could include blog posts, static pages, social media posts, newsletters, video descriptions.
- 1-3 years of experience as a content writer or copywriter, with a portfolio of existing published content
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (Native English speakers preferred, other languages are a bonus as we increase our global reach)
- Strong research skills
- Grasp of SEO fundamentals and social media strategy
- Solid time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- HTML and Wordpress experience (preferred)
- A working knowledge of either nonprofits/charities and/or cryptocurrency (a bonus, but not required)
- Competitive compensation (salary, benefits, stock options, etc.)
- Flexible work location and hours
- Paid vacation days and company-wide holidays
Seems like a good fit? Reach out so we can talk more.