About The Giving Block
TGB is a venture capital backed company that makes it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax efficient way to support their favorite causes. We are the marketing leading provider and work with 600+ nonprofits, including some of the largest (like United Way Worldwide and American Cancer Society). Our organization will help nonprofits raise over $100 million in crypto donations this year.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency donations.
The Giving Block is looking for a motivated sales development representative (SDR) to join our team selling the leading cryptocurrency fundraising solution to nonprofit organizations. We are a growing team distributed globally.
At The Giving Block, we know that the key to growth is in a high-performing sales team. This is why we are seeking a qualified SDR to find and screen potential customers who can benefit from our cryptocurrency platform and services. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the sales process, excel at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our sales closers up for success. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills, and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer is an opportunity for you to increase prospect acquisition, boost revenue growth, and build customer success.
Do you have the skills to increase sales and recurring revenue at a fast-growing startup? Are you passionate about driving mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency? How about helping top nonprofits nationwide fundraise more effectively? Any of the above, and you’re uniquely well-suited for this position.
About SDR Role:
- Generating new business pipeline through prospecting inbound or outbound opportunities
- Gaining prospect interest through inbound & outbound cold calling, email, and social selling
- Speaking to the value of The Giving Block platform and services while breaking into net new "For Purpose"/Nonprofit organizations in your assigned territory
SDRs do this by...
- Partnering closely with Account Executives to help accelerate qualified prospects through the sales cycle
- Building a point of view on how to help qualify prospects' challenges, needs, and opportunities for fundraising growth with cryptocurrencies
- Speaking to value and return on investment of accepting cryptocurrency & technical functionality of the platform
- Building credibility and trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Learning how to anticipate and prepare for objections
- Demonstrating adaptability and flexibility as part of an ever-growing sales organization
- Managing a high volume of inbound leads with a strategy on prioritization of your leads
- Researching and understanding various lines of business and "buying personas" in Finance, IT, Fundraising Leadership, etc.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Utilize LinkedIn, Guidestar, cold calling, email, and social selling to generate new sales opportunities
- Identify prospect's needs and suggest appropriate solutions
- Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the #cryptophilanthropy market
- Set up meetings or calls between prospective customers and Account Executives
- Report to Sales Director with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 1-3 years of professional sales experience
- Consistent achievement of year over year quota attainment in new revenue
- Experience prospecting and cold calling into a large list of accounts
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within the sales team
How you’ll be evaluated in the interview process
- Interest in the "For Purpose"/Nonprofit sector
- Interest in cryptocurrency
- Business acumen
- Compelling Communicator
- Drive for Results
- Track record of success
- Competitive Spirit
- Prospecting Skills
Our investment in you
- Fast Ramp mentorship program
- Sales Training
- Weekly 1:1 coaching with your leadership
- Clear path to promotion
- Exposure to Executive leaders with a passion for living our values
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision
- 401k plan with match
- 3 weeks paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- Generous parental leave benefits
- As much coffee, cold brew, and sparkling water as you can drink (if local)
- Modern downtown Washington DC office (if local)
- Free office gym (if local)
The Giving Block believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. We’re committed to hiring people on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need, and The Giving Block is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.