About The Giving Block
The Giving Block is on a mission to turn Crypto Philanthropy into one of the greatest forces for good on the planet. We make it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations and maximize their fundraising outcomes while empowering donors to give Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies to their favorite causes. Over 1,000 nonprofits use The Giving Block to accept cryptocurrency donations, including some of the largest in the world like United Way Worldwide and American Cancer Society.
About the Role
The Giving Block is searching for a Content Marketing Associate looking to join a growing nonprofit service provider in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space. The ideal candidate will have a passion for both charity and technology, love researching and writing about new topics in long-form content pieces, possess a strong grasp of grammar and punctuation rules, and be able to maintain a consistent brand voice across multiple platforms.
Working closely with the SEO & Content Manager, you will be responsible for successfully articulating The Giving Block’s brand voice, promise, and positioning in written communications for external and internal audiences. The ideal candidate will possess a talent for writing reader-friendly copy and an ability to turn technical information into digestible content for web articles, blog posts, reports, e-newsletters, and more.
- Writing new content for The Giving Block’s website, short and long-form blog articles, social media posts, press releases, and other marketing materials
- Researching industry-related topics to formulate new content ideas
- Supporting email marketing campaigns by drafting newsletters, customer journey emails, announcements, etc.
- Collaborating cross-departmentally to learn about their content needs and develop materials
- Reviewing and updating existing web content based on SEO and web analytics audits
- Assisting in other aspects of the marketing team’s processes as needed
Required Skills / Experience:
The Content Marketing Associate must have experience in writing quality, engaging content for the web, this could include blog posts, static pages, newsletters, and video descriptions.
- 1-2 years of experience as a content writer, with a portfolio of existing published content
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (Native English speakers preferred, other languages are a bonus as we increase our global reach)
- Strong research skills
- Grasp of SEO fundamentals and social media strategy
- Solid time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- HTML and/or Wordpress experience (a bonus, but not required)
- A working knowledge of either nonprofits/charities and/or cryptocurrency (a bonus, but not required)
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation package with equity
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan with 3% match
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Fully remote work – flexible hours and location
- Company-issued laptop and work from home equipment
- Regular care packages stocked with snacks, drinks and more goodies
- Awesome in-person and virtual team-building events