About The Giving Block
The Giving Block makes it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax-efficient way to support their favorite causes. We are the market-leading provider and work with 1400+ nonprofits, including some of the largest like United Way Worldwide and American Cancer Society. We are raising millions of dollars worth of crypto per month and are growing quickly.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency donations so they can unlock a new wave of funding. We’re bringing nonprofits to the forefront of technological innovation.
The Giving Block is part of Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR), the leader in commerce-enabling technology, powering billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry.
About the Role
The Giving Block is searching for a dynamic Senior Copywriter who’s looking to join a growing nonprofit service provider in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space. The ideal candidate will have a passion for both charity and technology, enjoy staying up-to-date on market trends, possess a strong grasp of grammar and punctuation rules, and be able to maintain a consistent brand voice across multiple platforms.
Working closely with the Creative Director & Content Manager, you will be responsible for successfully articulating The Giving Block’s brand voice, promise, and positioning for both internal and external audiences. You will have a knack for writing stand-out headlines and reader-friendly copy, and the ability to turn technical information and brand value positions into compelling and memorable messages.
- Writing The Giving Block’s external and consumer-facing copy, including digital advertisements, advertorials, pitch decks and other marketing materials
- Crafting social copy across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Contributing website copy and headlines for landing pages, call-to-action pages, and more; ensuring all web content aligns with SEO priorities and brand messaging
- Meeting with department heads and relevant stakeholders to discuss core campaign messages and target audiences
- Developing ad concepts and themes in collaboration with visual and creative team members
- Presenting messaging campaign ideas and options to the leadership team for review and feedback
Required Skills / Experience:
- The Copywriter must have experience in writing quality creative advertising copy and/or short-form content, either in-house or at an agency
- 3-5 years of experience as a copywriter with portfolio of prior work
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (Native English speakers preferred, other languages are a bonus as we increase our global reach)
- Solid time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- A passion for nonprofits and/or cryptocurrency (or both!)
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation package with equity
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan with up to 6% match
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Fully remote work – flexible hours and location
- Company-issued laptop and work from home equipment
- Regular care packages stocked with snacks, drinks and more goodies
- Awesome in-person and virtual team-building events