About The Giving Block
The Giving Block makes it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax efficient way to support their favorite causes. We are the market leading provider and work with 1400+ nonprofits, including some of the largest like United Way Worldwide and American Cancer Society. We are raising millions of dollars worth of crypto per month and are growing quickly.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency donations so they can unlock a new wave of funding. We’re bringing nonprofits to the forefront of technological innovation.
The Giving Block is part of Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR), the leader in commerce-enabling technology, powering billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry.
About The Role
We are looking for a People Operations Associate to join our People team. The People Operations Associate will be the glue that holds the organization together. Through your daily interactions with the team, knack for simplifying processes, and desire to deliver an exceptional and fun employee experience, you will be instrumental in making our team feel supported, happy and productive.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing People team designing and delivering change. In this role, you will support HR related projects, and work across all areas of a quickly scaling organization.
- Support key HR processes to establish a seamless employee experience including onboarding, offboarding and benefits / leave management
- Ensure employee data integrity by managing employee data records (i.e. new hires)
- Help develop and lead a best-in-class new hire onboarding experience, including first week orientation and new hire information processing,
- Responsible for owning HR administration, including, but not limited to, employment verifications, change management (such as increases, promotions, bonuses, etc.)
- Provide immediate responses to resolve employee questions/requests and maintain documentation to develop People policies and practices further
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures
- Help grow The Giving Block’s culture, engagement, and retention efforts
- Build great relationships and collaborate with others on our team and across the company
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years relevant experience in People Operations or Human Resources administrative function
- Experience working with HR platforms
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and track all tasks to completion
- Strong work ethic and ability to follow through; self-starter
- Passion for leveraging systems and technology to improve the employee experience
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation package with equity
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan with up to 6% match
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Fully remote work – flexible hours and location
- Company-issued laptop and work from home equipment
- Regular care packages stocked with snacks, drinks and more goodies
- Awesome in-person and virtual team-building events